Melody is an associate in the Singapore office. She has significant experience in international commercial arbitration, arbitration-related litigation, and complex commercial litigation before all levels of the Singapore Courts.
Melody’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for a Japanese-listed company in USD 500 million claim against a Myanmar military-owned entity in an SIAC arbitration, where the claimant successfully obtained an ex parte anti-suit injunction from the Singapore High Court to restrain parallel proceedings commenced by the respondent in Myanmar
- Acting for a global agri-company in a shareholders’ dispute arising from a Myanmar joint venture, which resulted in an SIAC arbitration, SMC mediation, and concurrent litigation in Singapore and Myanmar
- Acting for a major Indonesian data center provider in a multi-jurisdictional shareholders’ dispute where the disputed sum exceeded USD 50 million
- Acting for an investment management company in a novel application to revoke subpoenas issued by the Singapore High Court to compel witnesses to testify before a New Zealand-seated tribunal
- Acting for a resort and casino operator to successfully resist proceedings to set aside an arbitral award in excess of USD 250 million before the Singapore Court of Appeal
Melody received her LL.B. degree from the National University of Singapore, where she received prizes for being the best student in her cohort. She also received awards for Best Oralist, Best Memorial, Champion (Singapore), and Semi-Finalist (International) at the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition. She was champion of the B.A. Mallal Moot in Singapore and the Asia Cup International Law Moot Court Competition in Tokyo.
Melody won the Essex Court Chambers and Singapore Academy of Law International Mooting Competition as a qualified advocate. She has published on international arbitration in the Singapore Academy of Law Practitioner.