We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that consistently attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse array of talented individuals across the firm. We understand diversity and inclusion to encompass not only visible differences among people, such as gender and race, but also characteristics that may be less visible, such as religious affiliation, sexual orientation, culture, and disability. We foster an inclusive working environment where each person can reach his or her full potential.
The international nature of our work means that diversity and inclusion are—in addition to being important values in their own right—imperative to our success. Insights gained not only from our international clientele but also from our individual talent go to the very heart of our clients’ issues in different industries and geographies.
Our diversity and inclusion goals remain a work in progress, as we recognise there is always more to be done across our firm and our industry.
In order to achieve these goals, the firm has established a Diversity & Inclusion group, spearheaded by partner Liz Snodgrass. This global group includes attorneys, paralegals, and other support staff. In addition, the firm has established a global women’s group jointly led by partners Carmen Martinez Lopez, Kathryn Khamsi, and Liz Snodgrass. Each makes a positive and real contribution to us achieving our goal through projects designed to promote our commitments to diversity and inclusion.
- strive to ensure our case and project staffing is based on skillset, experience, and technical capability;
- offer formal and informal mentoring programs to foster a professional environment that is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion;
- provide robust family benefits and flexible working arrangements across all roles and offices;
- invest significant resources in expanding the “diversity pipeline” in international arbitration, including through the 3C Foundation Scholarship at Columbia Law School;
- are proud signatories of the Equal Representation in Arbitration Pledge; and
- support our lawyers to participate actively in mentoring and leadership organizations such as ArbitralWomen.