Gaëtan Verhoosel, a partner in the London office of Three Crowns and Co-Chair of the IBA Arbitration Committee, will feature on two sessions of the International Bar Association’s “IBA 2020 – Virtually Together Conference,” taking place 2-27 November. Please click HERE for more information, including a complete list of sessions and registration details.
Verhoosel will participate in the following sessions:
- Leading a Townhall with the Arbitration Committee on 12 November from 1:00-2:30 pm GMT. The speakers will discuss ongoing projects, new initiatives, and more.
- “Mining for damages: why, when, and how to determine damages for pre-operational mining projects” on 13 November from 12:00-1:00 pm GMT. This session will cover:
- What is the basis for recent awards to development projects that had not yet become operational mines?
- How have the tribunals treated the legal rules regulating damages?
- What kind of evidence have tribunals accepted or rejected?
- What valuation methods have tribunals relied upon?
- What do these cases imply about damages outside the mining sector?