Manish Aggarwal, a partner in the London office of Three Crowns, will be a featured panellist on “Recent Developments and Key Arbitration Trends in Asia.” The virtual session, part of Paris Arbitration Week, will take place on Friday, 10 July, from 9:00 – 10:30 am Paris time (GMT +2). Hosted by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre’s YSIAC group, the speakers will discuss Asian jurisdictions as arbitral seats, the reasons for their success, and the latest significant developments in the Asian arbitration market. Aggarwal’s focus for the session will be a region fast-rising in Asia for arbitration – India.
Click HERE for more details and to register.
Developments in Indian arbitration law and practice
Aggarwal’s presentation will focus on the most distinctive features of arbitrations with an Indian connection, and enforcement of arbitration awards in India, including:
- Determination of the legal regime applicable to arbitrations and arbitration-related court proceedings, in light of amendments to the national arbitration legislation and conflicting judicial decisions
- Potential for judicial interference during the pendency of arbitral proceedings and after the rendering of an award, and related pro-arbitration developments
- Ability of foreign lawyers to participate in India-seated arbitrations
- Ability of two Indian parties to choose a foreign seat of arbitration
- Introduction of statutory time limits for rendering of arbitral awards and their operation so far
ABOUT MANISH AGGARWAL
Aggarwal is a dual-qualified English solicitor and Indian advocate. He has extensive experience representing and conducting advocacy for corporations and States in commercial and investment treaty arbitrations in a broad range of sectors (including energy, infrastructure, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, and technology) under all major arbitration rules.
Aggarwal is recognised by Who’s Who Legal as a “Future Leader” in Arbitration and The Legal 500 UK as a “Next Generation Partner” in both the International Arbitration and Public International Law sections.
ABOUT THREE CROWNS
Three Crowns is a firm committed to excellence in international arbitration and international law. Founded by practice leaders with decades of experience across many different international firms, it is regarded as “one of the premier arbitration practices in the world.” Its clients—including Fortune 10 companies and sovereign states—entrust the firm with their most important disputes.
During this challenging time, the Three Crowns team across the globe is here to listen to the issues you are facing and provide advice surrounding arbitration and disputes, whether directly related to COVID-19 or otherwise. Please do not hesitate to reach out to talk through ways we can help.« Back