Thomas is an associate in the Paris office. He has experience in a number of contentious and non-contentious procedures in commercial arbitration in relation to the energy, aeronautics, construction and banking sectors, primarily in Europe and Africa. Thomas is also well versed in investment arbitration with a focus on mining, and has experience of annulment proceedings before the French courts.
Thomas’ recent experience includes:
- Representing an individual in the aeronautics industry in two ICC arbitrations against a global aerospace corporation regarding a contractual dispute
- Representing an arbitration institution in several proceedings brought by parties before French domestic courts on the basis of contractual liability
- Assisting a Spanish construction company in a dispute based on contractual and legal penalties under Tunisian law for a major railroad infrastructure project in Tunisia
- Assisting a Chinese construction company in a dispute with a Nigerian State-owned entity relating to the construction of a dam in Africa, notably with respect to issues arising from Covid-19 outbreak and terrorist attacks near the project site
- Representing a Turkish construction company in an ICC arbitration seated in Brussels in relation to the termination of real estate projects in North Africa
- Acting as secretary to the Arbitral Tribunal in an ICC arbitration regarding drilling operations in Argentina
Thomas also has a background in academia and has given lectures at Nanterre University in European and International Private Law.
Thomas holds a Master’s degree in International Private Law and International Arbitration from Pantheon-Assas University. During his time at the Paris Bar School, he successfully completed the Advanced Programme in Investment Arbitration.