Shaun, counsel in the Singapore office, has advised and represented States, State-owned entities and multinational corporations in disputes subject to arbitration under the ICC, SIAC, HKIAC, LCIA, UNCITRAL, and AAA-ICDR rules in proceedings across the energy, construction, and financial services sectors.
Shaun’s experience includes:
- Acting for the operator of an infrastructure project in Asia in a dispute with the government arising out of the concession agreement and the EPC contractor consortium arising out of the construction contract
- Acting for a national oil company in a dispute with an international trading house and another national oil company arising out of long-term crude oil supply contracts
- Acting for a global energy company in a dispute with its joint venture partner arising out of a power project in Asia
- Acting for the owner of a power plant in Asia in a dispute with an EPC contractor and heavy equipment supplier consortium arising out of the development of the power plant
- Acting for a Southeast Asian real estate developer in a dispute with a consortium of international investors arising out of a suite of financing and corporate documents
- Acting for a NASDAQ-listed acquirer in a post-M&A dispute with the founders and promoters of the target business
Shaun is listed in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, in which clients describe him as “impressive”, “outstanding”, and “up and coming”. He teaches as Adjunct Faculty at the Singapore Management University and has published on international arbitration in leading journals, including the Journal of International Arbitration, the Lloyd’s Maritime and Commercial Law Quarterly, and the Civil Justice Quarterly.
Shaun previously served in a judicial capacity as a magistrate and assistant registrar in the High Court of Singapore and the Singapore International Commercial Court. Before that, he clerked for the Chief Justice and Justices of the Supreme Court of Singapore.