Richard, a senior associate in our London office, has acted on many large and complex arbitrations across a variety of sectors and regions, with a particular focus on energy, M&A, telecommunications, and technology disputes.
Richard’s experience includes:
- Representing Naturgy in its billion-dollar investment treaty claim against Colombia relating to the regulatory framework for the supply of electricity
- Advising an English pharmaceutical company on potential post-acquisition claims
- Acting for a telecommunications company in an ICC arbitration relating to an earn-out payment following the acquisition of an African telecommunications business
- Acting for an Asian national energy company in an LNG pricing dispute relating to a project in Australia
- Representing an Asian national energy company in an ICC arbitration relating to issues of force majeure under a gas transportation agreement in Indonesia
- Acting for a European bank in post-acquisition claims relating to a Spanish credit card business
Richard previously spent 12 months on secondment to the M&A team at SABMiller, then the second-largest brewing company in the world, and recently he was appointed as sole arbitrator in a financial services dispute under the ICC Rules.
Richard is an English-qualified solicitor-advocate (Higher Courts Civil) who holds a degree in Jurisprudence from Oxford University.