Nathaniel is an associate in the London office. He has experience acting in international commercial and investment treaty arbitrations conducted under the institutional rules of the LCIA, ICC, and ICSID, as well as in arbitration-related litigation before the English courts. He has acted primarily on behalf of clients in the construction, gambling, and oil & gas sectors.
His recent experience includes:
- Acting for Eni in its ICSID investment treaty claim against Nigeria
- Representing a European investment firm in an LCIA arbitration arising from a post-SPA dispute, in which the client obtained an award in its favour
- Acting for a European gambling operator in an LCIA arbitration arising from multiple concession agreements
- Representing an oil & gas major in an ICC arbitration relating to a production sharing contract
- Defending the United Arab Emirates in an ICSID investment treaty claim for denial of justice and breach of the effective means standard
- Representing a Jordanian construction company in successfully obtaining an anti-suit injunction and defending a challenge to an award brought under ss. 67 & 68
Nathaniel also maintains a pro bono practice in which he acts in human rights cases. His pro bono work has included acting for Redress in representing Ms Mariam Yahia Ibraheem and her family in their claim against Sudan before the Africa Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights.
Nathaniel read Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Warwick University.