Luis is an International Associate based in the Washington DC office. He has experience in a variety of international commercial arbitrations under several institutional rules in industries including construction, energy, pharmaceutical and banking. He also has experience advising private parties on matters of public international law.
Luis’ recent experience includes:
- Representing an Asian company in the renewable energy industry in disputes over EPC contracts for the construction of five wind farms in a Latin American country
- Representing a company of the oil and gas industry in two arbitrations against a gas liquefaction company, under the LCIA arbitration rules
- Representing a company of the oil and gas industry in a dispute with a gas licensee in Latin America related to gas processing, in an arbitration under ICC arbitration rules
- Representing a multinational construction and engineering company in a dispute over an EPC contract for the construction of a biodiesel production plant in Latin America, in an arbitration governed by ICC arbitration rules
- Representing a company in the IT industry in a dispute against a Brazilian client of the banking industry, in an arbitration under the ICC arbitration rules
- Representing a company in the paper industry in a dispute against a Latin American State, in an arbitration under the ICC arbitration rules
- Representing a foreign capital company in a claim regarding the acquisition of a fishing company, in an arbitration governed under the ICC arbitration rules
- Representing a company in a dispute with an international company in the audit field of pharmaceutical industry in relation to a contract for the sale of shares and non-compete obligations, in an arbitration governed by ICC arbitration rules
Luis holds an LL.M. from Columbia Law School, where he graduated as a James Kent Scholar, awarded in recognition of outstanding academic achievement. He also holds a J.D. from the University of Buenos Aires School of Law, where he was awarded a distinction as an outstanding student for his performance in international moot court competitions. Luis continued coaching university teams in moot court competitions.
Luis speaks English, Spanish and Portuguese, and is admitted to practice in the City of Buenos Aires.