Leilah is a partner in our London office. She has extensive experience representing corporations on the resolution of complex disputes involving investment treaties and contractual relationships, with a particular focus on disputes in the oil & gas, mining, and telecoms sectors.
Leilah’s recent experience includes:
- Representing an energy major in LCIA arbitration proceedings arising out of allegations of breach of a Farmout Agreement governed by English law
- Representing a mining company in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings against a Central Asian State arising out of tax assessments issued in breach of an Investment Agreement
- Representing an energy major in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings against a Middle Eastern State following the expiry of a production sharing contract
- Obtaining a successful award on behalf of a consortium of energy companies that saw the dismissal of $800 million claims following the expiry of a production sharing contract
- Representing an energy major in ICC arbitration proceedings in Paris relating to cost recovery disputes and claims of environmental damage arising out of the early relinquishment of a production sharing contract with a Middle Eastern State
- Representing a subsidiary of Malaysia’s national oil and gas company, PETRONAS, in an ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Sudan under the Malaysia-Sudan BIT in relation to a real estate project
- Representing a group of ExxonMobil subsidiaries in an ICSID arbitration against Venezuela, arising from Venezuela’s expropriation of ExxonMobil’s projects in the country
Leilah has been named a Who’s Who Legal: Future Leader for 2018-2023, in which peers and clients described her as “one of the most efficient practitioners” and as having “outstanding leadership skills”. Leilah has also been recognised as a Next Generation Partner for both international arbitration and public international law in The Legal 500 UK 2023, and a Rising Star in The Legal 500’s International Arbitration Powerlist 2019 for the UK.
She was educated at the University of Cambridge, is qualified in England and Wales, and speaks English and French.
“She has outstanding leadership skills and is a pleasure to work with”
– Who’s Who Legal
“A leading light in international arbitration who provides succinct, mature, practical and professional solutions to complex issues”
– Client Quote
“Leilah is hardworking and tenacious with excellent strategic judgement”
– Who’s Who Legal