Jeff is a senior associate in the London office. He has represented governments, state-owned enterprises, and multinational corporations in investment treaty and commercial disputes under all major arbitral rules, with particular expertise in the energy and natural resources, technology, and financial services sectors.
His recent experience includes:
- Acting for a Middle Eastern State in ICC arbitration proceedings against an international oil company in relation to cost recovery, decommissioning and other operational disputes following the expiry of a long-term petroleum production sharing agreement
- Acting for a global mining company in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings against a Central Asian State in relation to tax and royalty disputes relating to one of the world’s largest gold-copper mines
- Acting for a consortium of oil and gas companies in ICC arbitration proceedings against a Middle Eastern State in relation to cost recovery and accounting disputes arising under a long-term petroleum production sharing agreement
- Acting for a “supermajor” oil company in LCIA arbitration proceedings in relation to disputes concerning the assignment of concession interests under a farmout agreement
- Acting for a global sportswear company in HKIAC arbitration proceedings in relation to certain shareholder disputes in the Asia region
- Advising a major oil and gas company on force majeure and sanction-related matters relating to the sale and transport of LNG from a CIS state
- Advising a “supermajor” oil company on tax stabilisation matters and potential ICSID proceedings against an Asian State
- Advising a leading technology-focused venture capital fund on potential investor-related disputes
Jeff also has experience in commercial litigation, having represented clients in high value and complex disputes in the English and Hong Kong courts.
Jeff obtained his Bachelor of Laws degree from King’s College London and his Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from the University of Hong Kong. He is qualified as a solicitor-advocate in England & Wales and a solicitor in Hong Kong.