Jeff is an associate in the London office. He has represented governments, state-owned enterprises and multinational corporations in investment treaty and commercial arbitration under all major arbitral rules, with particular experience in the financial services, oil and gas, and consumer product sectors.
His recent experience includes:
- Acting for a consortium of oil and gas companies in ICC arbitration proceedings in relation to cost recovery and accounting disputes arising under a long-term production sharing agreement entered into with a Middle Eastern State
- Acting for a “supermajor” oil company in LCIA arbitration proceedings in relation to disputes concerning the assignment of concession interests under a farmout agreement
- Acting for a global mining company in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings in relation to tax and royalty disputes arising from an investment agreement entered into with a Central Asian State
- Acting for a global sportswear company in HKIAC arbitration proceedings in relation to certain shareholder disputes in the Asia region
- Advising a “supermajor” oil company on tax stabilisation matters and potential ICSID proceedings against a State
Jeff also has experience in commercial litigation, having represented clients in high value and complex disputes in the English and Hong Kong courts.
Jeff obtained his Bachelor of Laws degree from King’s College London and his Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from the University of Hong Kong. He is qualified in England & Wales and Hong Kong.