Isha is an associate based in the Washington, DC office. She has experience in international commercial and investor-State arbitrations across a range of industries, including energy, construction, and intellectual property. Isha is also experienced in advising States and NGOs on issues of public international law, including law of the sea and human rights law.
Isha’s experience includes:
- Representing a globally diversified mining company, including its Korean subsidiary, in an ICC arbitration with a US glass manufacturer. The dispute arises out a license agreement and concerns issues of patent infringement
- Defending an ICC arbitration brought by a counterparty to a technology licensing agreement. Governed by Delaware law, the dispute involves the development of cutting-edge mobile phone technology and a claim of unpaid royalties
- Advising a litigation funder on the merits of claims and counterclaims in a commercial arbitration. The arbitration arises out of Indian law-governed contracts for the supply and operation of wind-turbine generators
- Representing an Argentinian oil & gas and petrochemical company in its investment treaty dispute with the Republic of Ecuador under the Argentina-Ecuador BIT. The dispute arises from actions taken by Ecuador and its State-entities to frustrate and resist domestic arbitration awards in favour of the company’s subsidiaries
- Working with Guernica 37 in bringing claims on behalf victims of war crimes and crimes against humanity in a Middle Eastern State
Isha holds an LLM from Harvard Law School, where she was awarded the Roger Fisher and Frank E.A. Sander Prize for the best student paper on a topic related to dispute resolution. She also holds an LLB from the National Law School of India University. In the 2018 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot, she won the Stephen M. Schwebel award for best oralist in the world championship round.
Isha is published in leading international law journals, including the Leiden Journal of International Law and Arbitration International.