Etienne, an associate in the Paris office, represents private and sovereign clients in commercial and investment treaty arbitrations under the leading institutional and ad hoc rules. His practice covers various industries and continents, with a focus on energy and construction, in North and West Africa and the Middle East. Etienne also has experience of enforcement and annulment proceedings before the French courts.
Etienne’s recent experience includes:
- Representing a joint venture and its shareholders in an ICC arbitration seated in Paris over the electricity tariff of a gas-to-electricity plant in Algeria
- Representing the contractor in a European Development Fund arbitration seated in Paris against the Republic of Mali over the suspension of an infrastructure project
- Representing the Kingdom of Bahrain in enforcement proceedings of an ICC award against CNIM before the French courts
- Representing the contractor in an ICC arbitration seated in Geneva over delays and additional costs on a gas-to-electricity plant project in North Africa
- Representing an aviation consultancy firm in an ICC arbitration seated in Geneva against a major aircraft manufacturer over unpaid invoices and the termination of agency contracts
Etienne holds Masters degrees from Paris I Pantheon-Sorbonne University and ESSEC Business School, as well as a Bachelor’s degree from Lyon II Lumière University.