Erin, a senior associate in the Washington, DC office, has extensive experience representing and advising clients, including governments and government entities, international organisations, and multinational companies, in international arbitration proceedings (contractual and treaty-based), recognition and enforcement proceedings, complex commercial litigation, bankruptcy litigation, and project finance matters. Erin’s representations have concerned diverse industries, such as gaming, mining, life insurance, banking/finance, satellites, and wireless spectrum.
Erin’s experience includes:
- Representing Bloomberry Resorts and Hotels Inc. and Sureste Properties, Inc. in an UNCITRAL arbitration in Singapore and in subsequent enforcement proceedings in the US District Court for the Southern District of New York. The arbitration arose from the termination of a management services agreement for an integrated resort and casino in Manila
- Representing the Government of Mongolia in a bilateral investment treaty arbitration arising from the passage of a windfall tax following increases in the price of gold
- Representing insurers, The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company (Lincoln) and Equitable (formerly AXA Equitable), in complex litigation in federal court defending against multiple individual actions and putative class actions arising from adjustments to the cost of insurance for universal life insurance products
- Representing Bloomberry Resorts and Hotels, Inc. (Bloomberry) in an appeal in New York state court by Bangladesh Bank of the dismissal of Bloomberry for lack of personal jurisdiction from a lawsuit arising from the theft by North Korean hackers of nearly $100M from Bangladesh Bank’s account and the laundering of the stolen funds in the Philippines
- Representing the Bank of Mongolia in bringing a Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organisations (RICO) Act case in Florida against an international criminal enterprise that defrauded the Bank of Mongolia of approximately $70M
- Representing Ligado Networks, the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., and the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Sea Launch in their reorganisations from Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Advising the African Development Bank and private lenders on international law and dispute resolution clauses of a sovereign guarantee agreement with the Republic of South Africa in connection with a $1.3B public-private loan agreement to a South African electricity public utility company
Erin received a J.D. with High Honours from The George Washington University Law School, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif. She received her B.A. from the Princeton School of Public & International Affairs at Princeton University.
Erin is admitted to practice in New York and the District of Columbia, as well as the US Supreme Court, US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, US District Court for the District of Columbia, US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia, and US District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Erin has published and presented on topics including arbitration, dispute resolution, international trade and investment. She has extensive experience working in Africa and Asia, and her pro bono practice focuses on reproductive rights, asylum, and juvenile justice.