Bahaa is an associate in the London office. He has experience with commercial disputes in the oil & gas, construction, infrastructure, and renewable energy industries in several regions, with a focus on Africa and the Middle East. Bahaa has worked on arbitrations governed by a range of applicable laws and institutional rules.
Bahaa’s recent experience includes:
- Representing an oil supermajor in an LCIA arbitration concerning the dissolution of a joint venture in an African state
- Representing a European contractor in a DIAC claim arising from the construction of a mega mall in the Middle East
- Representing a European engineering and drilling company in an ICC arbitration concerning the expansion of an oil field in the Middle East
- Representing an oil supermajor in an ad-hoc arbitration involving a joint venture in Western Africa
- Representing a European shipbuilding company in a commercial arbitration arising out of a contract with a Middle Eastern navy
Bahaa also has experience in advising sovereign clients on legislative reform and has taught public international law at the American University in Cairo. Prior to his arbitration career, Bahaa worked as counsel in cases before the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights.