Vanessa is an associate in the London office. She has experience in international commercial arbitration, investment treaty disputes, public international law, and international human rights law. Vanessa has represented clients from various sectors, including the renewable energy, oil and gas, electrical power, construction, and banking industries. She has acted in arbitrations conducted under a range of rules, including the ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL, and ICSID Rules.
Vanessa’s recent experience includes:
- Representing an oil and gas company in an ICC arbitration against an insurer in relation to a performance guarantee
- Representing a natural gas company in a LCIA arbitration relating to the termination of an agreement for the sale and purchase of interests in concessions
- Representing a wind turbine engineering company in an ICC arbitration relating to a cross-licensing agreement
- Representing a bank in an ICC arbitration arising under a business transfer agreement
- Representing an electricity utility company in an UNCITRAL arbitration under the auspices of ICSID against a Latin American state, arising from the Government’s decision to seize and liquidate a local power company
- Representing a consortium of oil and gas companies in a dispute against a Latin American state relating to legal and tax stabilisation clauses in an investment agreement
Vanessa has also advised clients in relation to matters before regional human rights courts. She has previously interned at the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in San José and the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs Treaty Section in New York City.
Vanessa received her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Sciences Po in Paris, where she focused on international dispute resolution. During her studies, Vanessa undertook academic exchanges at Columbia Law School and the Law Faculty of the University of São Paulo. She is admitted to the Paris Bar and speaks English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese.