Samhith is an international associate in the Singapore office. He has experience in international commercial and investment arbitration. He has acted for companies and states in relation to a variety of arbitrations including in the energy, infrastructure and resource extraction industries and under several institutional rules such as the ICC, LCIA, SIAC and UNCITRAL arbitration rules. Samhith also has experience in arbitration-related litigation in Indian courts.
Samhith’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for a major Middle Eastern natural gas company’s successful termination of a sale and purchase agreement in an expedited LCIA arbitration
- Acting for a multinational energy company in relation to an ICC arbitration and allied court proceedings in Italy concerning the enforcement of an English law governed first demand guarantee
- Acting for a Middle Eastern state in defending claims by a Norwegian oil and natural gas company in an ICC arbitration for cost recovery and other technical claims under an exploration and production sharing agreement
- Acting for a Ukrainian electricity transmission system operator in an UNCITRAL arbitration against the Russian Federation for breaches of investment treaty protections in relation to an electricity grid in Crimea
- Acting for a oil and energy conglomerate in a commercial arbitration against an Indian state-owned oil and gas company in a dispute arising from an engineering, procurement, construction and management contract
- Acting for a infrastructure and construction conglomerate in a commercial arbitration against an Indian public sector company in a dispute arising out of a turnkey contract for the supply of technical equipment for a an iron-ore smelter in an East Indian state
- Acting for a infrastructure and construction conglomerate in a commercial arbitration against a state-owned electricity distribution company in the state of Maharashtra, India, in relation to disputes arising from an engineering, procurement, construction and management contract
Prior to Three Crowns, Samhith has worked with the dispute resolution practices of leadings firms in Switzerland and India, where he was involved with several commercial and investment treaty arbitrations, as well as commercial and regulatory litigation. Samhith speaks English, Hindi and Telegu.