Paul is an associate in the Paris office. He has advised and represented companies, State-owned entities, and governments in international commercial and investment treaty disputes under the rules of the major arbitral institutions, including ICSID, ICC, LCIA, SCC, OHADA, and UNCITRAL, as well as ad hoc proceedings, with a specific focus on infrastructure, construction, and energy disputes, predominantly across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Paul’s experience includes:
- advising a European logistic company in several arbitration proceedings under the ICC, ICSID, and OHADA rules regarding the construction and operation of container handling terminals in West-African countries
- advising an African State-owned rail transportation operator in a dispute with an Asian train maker involving numerous technical engineering issues
- advising on a joint venture between three major European energy companies in an arbitration regarding the purchase and operation of numerous wind farms in France
- advising on a joint venture between Algerian, UK, and Norwegian energy companies in a disputed gas price review with an Italian energy company
- advising an Algerian State-owned energy company in several upstream and downstream matters and arbitrations involving complex contractual and technical issues
Paul holds a Master’s degree from Paris I Pantheon-Sorbonne University. He is admitted to the Paris Bar, and speaks English and French.