Nefeli is an associate based in the London office. She is a dual qualified lawyer (solicitor in England & Wales and Greek lawyer), practising across common and civil law jurisdictions. She represents multinational companies and State-owned enterprises in commercial and investment treaty arbitrations related to energy (oil & gas) and infrastructure, under the aegis of all major arbitral institutions. Nefeli has particular expertise in gas-related matters, having represented buyers and sellers in a number of gas pricing disputes across Europe, Asia, and the Eastern Mediterranean.
Nefeli’s experience includes:
- Acting in a Stockholm-seated ICC arbitration related to a gas pricing dispute (two successive reference periods) between a buyer and a supplier of pipeline gas in the region of the Mediterranean
- Advising a leading LNG trader in gas pricing disputes with various buyers in Asia
- Acting for a State-owned entity in ICSID annulment proceedings related to a dispute arising out of the construction and operation of a power plant in Tanzania
- Acting for a Middle East Company in two construction-related, London-seated ICC arbitrations (FIDIC Silver Book)
- Acting for an industrial group in London-seated Dispute Adjudication Board (DAB) proceedings related to the construction of a CCGT plant in Iraq
- Acting for State-owned entities in relation to the decommissioning of oilfields in the Middle East and the unlawful termination of production sharing agreements/joint operating agreements in a Paris-seated ICC arbitration
- Advising an offshore service provider in relation to the dissolution of an offshore joint development area, under the prism of bilateral investment treaties and a joint development agreement
- Acting for a high-net-worth individual in High Court proceedings involving allegations of fraud
Nefeli holds an LL.M. in International Business Law from Queen Mary University of London and an LL.B. (JD equivalent) from National & Kapodistrian University of Athens (Greece). Her academic interests lie in the broader field of dispute resolution related to energy and construction, and she is a published author at the Transnational Dispute Management Journal (TDM) and Kluwer Arbitration Blog.