Carmelo, a senior associate in our Paris office, has over a decade of experience advising clients in numerous international arbitrations both ad hoc and under the rules of the ICC, CCIG, and ICSID, with a particular focus on construction disputes.
His experience includes representing:
- acting for Eni in its ICSID investment treaty claim against Nigeria
- representing an African company in an LCIA arbitration initiated by a global ports operator arising out of the termination of a joint venture agreement
- representing the contractor in an ICC arbitration seated in Geneva over delays and additional costs on a gas-to-electricity plant project in North Africa
- acting for a European gambling operator in an LCIA arbitration arising from multiple concession agreements
- representing a European investment firm in an LCIA arbitration arising from a post-SPA dispute
- acting for a French-German consortium in a billion-dollar ICC arbitration in Stockholm against a Finnish utility company arising out of the construction a nuclear power plant
- representing three European chemical companies in a series of ICC arbitrations against the European subsidiaries of a large North American chemical concern, arising from a joint venture agreement formed to manufacture a product used for the production of nylon
He is qualified in Milan and Paris, and speaks English, French, and Italian.